Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Grandpa Joe


This last weekend Jon and I got to go to Utah to say farewell to one amazing man. Joseph Stanley. Grandpa Joe was one wonderful man. He put no one and no thing above his wife and family. Family meant everything to him. From the moment I joined the family 5 years ago He has loved me and expressed his happiness of my joining the family. I remember when I was pregnant, every time i saw him he would say to me, "You better be twice that size the next time i see you!Nothing more beautiful then pregnant women!" He could always make me smile, whether it was from something inappropriate he would say :-) Or just sweet things.
One time I was at a crazy busy Stanley Family Christmas party, and there were children running around screaming and giggling and playing and tons of chatter and noise. Grandpa Joe came and sat next to me, put his hand on mine and said, "Do you hear that?" and i thought to myself, "hear what i cant even hear myself thing because it is so chaotic in here." and he said to me, "There is nothing so wonderful as the sounds of children playing and having your family all around you."
He made such an amazing impact on my short amount of time knowing him. He was quite a character and an amazing strength and inspiration to all who knew him. He was a giving and loving person who always wanted to help anyone who needed it. He was Christ-like and just flat out amazing.
He was loved by all, but especially by me. I will miss him terribly but know that he is in a better place and that he is finally free of the troubles of his physical body.
RIP Grandpa Joe please watch over us as we go on without you.

No comments: