Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Story

Been feeling a lot like these lyrics lately.


The Story

by: Brandi Carlile


All of these lines across my face

Tell you the story of who i am,

So may stories of where I've been

And how i got to where i am

but these stories don't mean anything

when you got no one to tell them to

its true, i was made for you

I climb across the mountain tops

Swam all across the ocean blue

I cross all the lines

and i broke all the rules.

But baby i broke them all for you

Because even when i was flat broke

you made me feel like a million bucks

You do.

I was made for you.

You see the smile that's on my mouth.

Its hiding the words that wont come out.

All of our friends who think that I'm blessed,

They don't know that my head is a mess.

No, they don't know who i really am,

And they don't know what I've been through

like you do.

And I was made for you.

All of these lines across my face,

tell you the story of who i am,

so many stories of where I've been.

And how i got to where I am.

But these stories don't mean anything

if you got no one to tell them to.

Its true... That i was made for you.

Oh yeah, well its true, that i was made for you.

No comments: