Monday, May 9, 2011

Beauty....



Beauty.....Who is the person who decides what the what the true definition of Beauty is. I wanna know what moron went and told the world that the only for of being Beautiful would be to be a size 0-2 have no fat on your body and tiny little butts? Seriously? I know a few people with Body Dysmorphic Disorder, and I believe the whole world has body dysmorphic disorder in one form or another. Now don't get me wrong, I believe that everyone should be healthy, but just because you aren't a teeny tiny size doesn't mean that you aren't beautiful! I am a mother of two, I got pregnant, got big, and so i am no longer a size 5 jeans and am pretty sure that i wont ever be a size 5 again, and I'm just beginning to understand that THAT'S OKAY! I don't have to be as skinny as Kate Hudson or anyone else. The fact that I have stretch marks on my hips and cellulite on my thighs and a saggy butt is a result of a beautiful struggle and experience of bringing my children into this world and it doesn't mean that I'm not as beautiful or hot as Beyonce. And I am going to raise my girls to know that no matter what you look like you are ALWAYS beautiful! And to NEVER let the world get you down with what they "think" beautiful is. And its the same with Men. Men don't need to look like giant body builders or ripped six packs to be handsome or sexy to their ladies. Sorry this is more of a rant blog. I just know i get down on myself ALL the time for not looking as skinny or as beautiful as i feel other women i know look, and i am now realizing that I don't need to look as skinny as other ladies. I am beautiful just the way i am. Now i will probably still compare myself to those other ladies just because its in my nature to be very insecure about it. But for this morning, for today, I am OK with the beautiful I am. :-)

Enjoy a song by Mika that says the same thing, and I listen to and dance to when I'm not feeling like a supermodel!





1 comment:

Alicia W said...

You know, statistics say that mothers with healthy body images have daughters with healthy body images, and the opposite. My mother wasn't any super model, but she was confident and happy with how she looked. So I think my body love comes from her. It's not perfect, obviously, but I'm happy. And as you love your body, those girls will too! And you guys have great bodies! I know, I check you out. :)